Information on presentation types, themes and topics.
Developing Topic submissions are now being accepted for AAIC. To learn more, visit this link. Submission ends on May 1.
Authors may select from three presentation formats when submitting an abstract for AAIC. These include:
AAIC Poster Presentation (individual)
- Grouped by topic.
- Accepted posters will be scheduled on one day between Sunday, July 16 and Wednesday, July 19, 2017.
- An author may present multiple posters as long as they are scheduled on different dates.
- Poster format:
- Layout: landscape
- Meters: 1.93m (wide) x 0.84m (high)
- Inches: 76in (wide) x 33in (high)
We advise printing your poster slightly smaller than the dimensions above to allow room for the poster number. No audiovisual equipment is available for poster presentations. Tape will be provided.
- We advise printing your poster slightly smaller than the provided dimensions to allow room for the poster number. No audiovisual equipment is available for poster presentations. Pushpins or tape will be provided.
AAIC Oral Presentation (individual)
- 15 minutes per presentation.
- Oral sessions are comprised of six presentations per oral session and are grouped by the AAIC Scientific Program Committee.
- The total length of one oral session is 1.5 hours.
- Accepted oral presentations will be scheduled for one day between Sunday, July 16 and Thursday, July 20, 2017.
- A person may be the presenting author on one oral presentation, excluding a developing topic session. A person may not present within an oral session and a featured research session.
- Submitted oral presentation abstracts that are not selected may be considered for a poster presentation.
AAIC Featured Research Session (FRS)
- Featured Research Sessions (FRS) allow researchers to submit an entire session organized around a topic.
- One organizer is responsible for initiating the submission of the proposal (and confirming completeness) and the session speakers will be able to enter their individual abstract details. All session details and abstracts must be submitted by the deadline.
- One FRS is comprised of four presentations per session; includes a total of four speakers and one to two session chairs, 1.5 hours total; 22 minutes per presentation.
- Accepted FRS will be scheduled for one day between Sunday, July 16 and Thursday, July 20, 2017.
- Download the FRS Guide.
- Researchers submitting an abstract as part of a FRS may also submit the same abstract for oral presentation consideration. See more information on the FAQ page.
- Non-accepted FRS abstracts that receive an appropriate average review score will automatically be considered for an optional poster presentation. Find more information on the FAQ page.
Themes, Topics and Subtopics
Selection of a theme, topic and subtopic for the abstract allows submitters to "self-identify" the area in which the abstract best fits. This identification is the first step in sorting abstracts for the Scientific Program Committee, who will take this identification into consideration and group related abstracts with similar topics into the same session. Selection of a primary theme, topic and subtopic is required.
AAIC Travel Fellowships
A limited number of travel fellowships are available to AAIC presenting authors. Awarded in various packages, AAIC Travel Fellowships may include one, two or three of the following: complimentary AAIC registration, housing and/or airfare support.
The 2017 application period has closed.