Alzheimer's Imaging Consortium Submissions
On This Page:
Areas of Emphasis
AIC 2019 solicits abstracts in the following areas of emphasis:
- Biomarker disclosure
- Lifespan approaches in neuroimaging
- New imaging methods
- Neuroimaging in clinical trials
Authors may select from two presentation formats when submitting an abstract for AIC, including:
AIC Poster Presentation (individual)
- Grouped by topic.
- Accepted posters will be scheduled for presentation on Saturday, July 13, 2019.
- An author may be the presenting author on two posters.
- Poster format:
- Layout: landscape
- Inches: 91.5in (wide) x 45in (high)
- Meters: 2.3m (wide) x 1.1m (high)
- We advise printing your poster slightly smaller than the provided dimensions to allow room for the poster number. No audiovisual equipment is available for poster presentations. Pushpins will be provided.
AIC Oral Presentation (individual)
- IMPORTANT: The same abstract cannot be submitted for oral consideration to both AAIC and the Alzheimer's Imaging Consortium (AIC). You must make a choice between the preconference (AIC) and the main conference (AAIC) if you wish to be considered for a neuroimaging-themed oral session.
The same abstract may be submitted for oral consideration to one conference and also submitted for poster consideration to the opposite conference.
The same abstract may be submitted to both AIC and AAIC for poster consideration.
- 15 minutes per presentation.
- Oral sessions are grouped by the AIC Program Chairs.
- Accepted oral sessions will be scheduled for presentation on Saturday, July 13, 2019.
- A person may be the presenting author on one oral presentation.
- Submitted oral session abstracts that are not selected may be considered for a poster presentation.
Selection of a theme per abstract allows submitters to "self-identify" the area in which the abstract best fits. This identification is the first step in sorting abstracts for the AIC Planning Chairs, who will take this identification into consideration and will group related abstracts with similar topics into the same session.
AIC Abstract Submission Themes
- Amyloid imaging
- Animal imaging
- Brain networks and connectivity
- Clinical outcomes and disclosure of Alzheimer's disease biomarkers
- Evaluating treatments with neuroimaging
- Imaging and genetics
- Imaging and non-AD neurodegeneration
- Imaging correlates of cognition and biomarkers
- Imaging in normal brain aging
- Imaging-pathological correlations
- Neuroimaging and preclinical diagnosis
- New imaging methods
- Non-pharmacological therapies and neuroimaging
- Tau imaging
AIC Registration Fellowships
A limited number of fellowships, in the form of complimentary Alzheimer's Imaging Consortium (AIC) registration, are available for early career scientists who are the presenting author on an accepted abstract.
Application process: In order to apply, the applicant must be indicated as the presenting author on a submitted abstract for AIC and complete the registration fellowship application requirements in the last step of the abstract submission process. Learn more.
Become an ISTAART Member
Members of this professional society stay connected to the field through exclusive member benefits and programs. Join for just $30* at the Alzheimer's Association (Booth 500).
*Offer available onsite at AAIC (through 7/18/19). Applies only to registrants who paid the non-member fee.
Preconferences & Educational Workshops
Learn the basics or brush up on your skills by attending an AAIC preconference or educational workshop. These events provide the opportunity to explore the newest findings and practices for the prevention and treatment of Alzheimer's disease and other dementias.