Note: The application process for AAIC travel fellowships and AIC fellowships is closed. Developing Topics submission (April 21-May 5) does not accept applications for fellowships.
A limited number of travel fellowships are available to AAIC presenting authors. AAIC Travel Fellowships are awarded in various packages that may include one, two or three of the following: complimentary AAIC registration, housing and/or airfare support.
* Fellowships will not be given in the form of a check. Awardees will not be reimbursed for booking their own travel, hotel or conference registration without prior written authorization from the Association.
In order to qualify for an AAIC Travel Fellowship, individuals must submit an abstract for AAIC and indicate the need for a travel fellowship in the last step of the abstract submission process. Please review the following requirements and obtain the necessary documents prior to beginning your abstract submission:
- All applicants: Write a statement of need (max 300 words).
- Student applicants: Provide a copy of your student identification card and a letter of recommendation.
- Non-student applicants: Provide a letter of recommendation.
Travel fellowships are awarded based on a thorough review of the application materials and based on financial need. Priority will be given to fellowship applicants who meet the following criteria:
- Scientist from a developing country.
- Junior scientist from any country. A junior scientist is defined as anyone completing their Ph.D. or M.D. after 2005.
Final decisions are made once abstracts are selected for inclusion in the AAIC program. Recipients will be notified via email by April 30. Failure to accept the fellowship by the designated date will result in forfeiture of the fellowship.