Under the direction of the Vice President of Development, the Associate Director of Events is responsible for the overall events strategy. This position manages the Event Managers along with the overall day to day functions of event planning which includes Walk to End Alzheimer's along with volunteer committee recruitment throughout the Greater Pennsylvania Chapter. The position is responsible for training, supervising and evaluating the Event Managers on the planning, coordination, and management of all events throughout the Chapter territory achieving revenue goals of $3 million. The Associate Director of Events is responsible for the budgeting process, the implementation of best practices, monitoring and evaluating events performance, executing event fundraising strategies, soliciting sponsorship, and producing chapter wide Walk collateral. The Associate Director of Events is responsible for identifying new corporate leads and cultivating relationships to secure funding to build the donor and volunteer bases and enhance public awareness.
Essential Job Functions
Walk to End Alzheimer's
The Longest Day, Benefit Events, and Other Chapter Events
- Lead the Chapter-wide Walk Program and provide supervision, direction and training of staff fully implementing best practices around the Walk to End Alzheimer's
- Work with Event Managers on building volunteer infrastructure to support the Walk model
- Identify and close new Chapter wide corporate sponsors
- Work with VP of Development to set event goals and budget for the chapter.
- Responsible for recruiting, training, supporting and evaluating event staff and walk performance
- Work with vendors on chapter wide Walk promotional, collateral and incentive materials
- Work with Director of Marketing and Communications on chapter wide Walk Media and PR Strategy
- Create and lead training opportunities for walk staff and volunteers as needed
- Provide guidance and direction for Chapter Events managed locally by Events Manager
- Provide guidance and direction for The Longest Day managed by Events Staff working with leadership staff on the strategy and planning around the Longest Day as outlined in the strategic plan
- Provide guidance and direction for RivALZS events managed locally by Event Managers
- Identify and cultivate relationships that might lead to new benefit events.
- Build relationships with high-level and/or strategic event partners
- Lead the process of developing the Chapter-wide revenue and expense budgets for events.
- Act as the liaison with the National Walk Team to ensure that the chapter is following guidelines and standards
- Work with the CEO, Vice President of Development, Associate Director of Donor Relations and Event Managers to create long-term, beneficial relationships with those who attend and or/support chapter events.
- All staff are required to support and participate in special events and fund development activities as requested
- All staff are expected to advocate for those we serve and the services offered by the Chapter
- All staff are expected to support and participate in advocacy and public policy activities as requested