Essential Job Functions
- Oversee the successful implementation of several regional Walks and other revenue generating events to reach aggressive fundraising goals.
- Manage community-based volunteer committees for each event/Walk location. Committees include volunteers to help manage logistics, walk team recruitment and engagement, corporate sponsorships, and promotional aspects of the Walk.
- Assist in the identification and cultivation of volunteer leadership on a continual basis.
- Manage a detailed event/Walk fundraising plan with volunteers and chapter staff.
- Manage the day-of- experience for events/Walks.
- Evaluate event success against projected goals and accomplishments, analyze results and make recommendations for course corrections throughout the year.
Volunteer Committee Management
- Help establish committee goals, track progress, train and coach committee members as necessary.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with committee volunteers.
- Keep in close communications with the committee leadership, attend committee meetings, and provide resources and expertise as needed.
- Implement a stewardship plan to thank and acknowledge committee members.
Marketing & Outreach
- Build relationships with community leaders, business owners and other service agencies for partnerships, volunteer recruitment, sponsor recruitment and other fundraising opportunities.
- Help ensure benefit fulfillment for corporate sponsors.
Walker & Team Management
- Provide support and assistance to participants with online registration, developing personal Walk websites, and questions related to team captain duties, donations and fundraising.
- Manage day-of-event logistics including registration, set up, walker refreshments, sponsor tables, program tables, etc. to ensure Walk runs smoothly.
- Create and manage engaging "walk experience" for participants including Opening Ceremony and Awards Ceremony details.
- Ensure venue applications are submitted and approved in a timely manner
- Ensure event insurance is obtained for each Walk location.
- Recruit volunteers for parking assistance, staffing tables, set-up and tear-down assistance and spirit stations along the route.
- Coordinate all supplies and inventory for day-of-event.
- Coordinate chapter staff and board participation in Walks.
Gift Processing & Donor Recognition
- Ensure Walk donations are accurately recorded, processed and acknowledged.
● Bachelor's Degree
● Three years of experience in a related field; ideally working in a non-profit with fundraising, volunteers coordination and/or event management responsibilities.
● Ability to work a flexible schedule, including late evening and early morning work as needed (average 2-3 times per month) and Saturdays and Sundays during Walk Season (August-September).
● Excellent oral and written communications with the ability to present with poise, confidence and professionalism to diverse committees.
● Ability to work independently with little daily supervision.
● Ability to prioritize, coordinate and advance several projects simultaneously.
● Strong verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills
● Excellent computer skills include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Email and the ability to learn donor software systems.
● Must have a car and valid driver's license for travel off-site to events and meetings
● Must be able to bend, lift, carry, transport, and set up a variety of print and event materials related to Walk to End Alzheimer's (weighing up to 35 pounds)
● Special event and fund development experience preferred
● Experience with Convio Luminate, Gmail suite, and fundraising ethics
● Public-speaking experience