The Alzheimer's Association is making a difference and so can you.
The work we do requires a certain type of person — passionate, focused and dedicated to achieving our vision of a world without Alzheimer's. These are the qualities that drive us. If you join us, you will develop your career with a team of committed professionals.
The Alzheimer's Association - Florida Gulf Coast Chapter is committed to a diverse working environment and is proud to be an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer.
Program Specialist for Charlotte & Desoto Counties
Principle duties and responsibilities:
- Staff telephone Helpline for clients requesting information, referrals and services. Prepare appropriate Helpline Educational Packets for each caller
- Responsible for making appropriate referrals to community agencies, services and individual practitioners.
- Responsible for developing a local contact list of all providers that may have services that benefit our clients
- Responsible for coordinating and conducting community and professional education seminars and workshops
- Responsible for coordinating and conducting caregiver education programs
- Responsible for the promotion of local Chapter programs to ensure caregivers and community members are notified of upcoming events.
- Responsible for the provision of local Chapter programs.
- Responsible for documenting services provided in a timely fashion.
- Responsible for meeting position goals and objectives in conjunction with the Chapter’s strategic plan.
- Oversees the maintenance of the local resource library, ensuring that publications, pamphlets, articles and videotapes are updated and relevant
- Responsible for identifying potential collaborative partners to maximize outreach and resources including partnerships with other senior serving organizations, churches, ALF’s, SNF’s, and Day Cares.
- Responsible for representing the Chapter in local and regional health fairs, community programs and events
- Responsible for preparing all monthly statistics and related reports
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, especially, Word, Excel, Power Point, Explorer, and Outlook.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work or health care related field, Master’s degree preferred. Experience and training in dealing with Alzheimer’s disease is preferred.
- Ability to travel extensively throughout the chapter service area.
- Reliable personal transportation
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- High level of integrity, diplomacy, and initiative.
- Excellent presentation skills
Please forward resume, cover letter and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org with Program Specialist – Charlotte County in the subject line. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
To search for positions available through the National Alzheimer's Association or other Chapters click here.