Join the cause
The Alzheimer’s Association, Central Illinois Chapter, invites you to become an Alzheimer advocate. Join us and speak up for the needs and rights of people with Alzheimer’s disease and their families.
Congress needs to know what’s important to you. Tell your elected officials to restore vital funding to Alzheimer research, care and prevention. Write now.
What is an advocate?
Alzheimer advocates play an important role in improving the quality of care and quality of life for people with Alzheimer’s disease and their families by working to improve dementia care and services; improve access to community-based care; improve quality care in residential settings; and expand funding for research and public programs serving people with dementia.
As an advocate, you will:
- Receive regular updates about current legislative and public policy issues.
- Stay on top of policy and legislative issues through alerts and updates.
- Make calls or write to legislators to forward public policy priorities to improve quality of life for those living with Alzheimer’s.
Information You can Use
- 2017 Facts and Figures
- State of Illinois
- Illinois Department on Aging
- Illinois Department of Healthcare and Family Services
- Illinois Department of Public Health
Please call 888.272.3900 to sign up to become an advocate.
- National priorities
- National Alzheimer's Project Act
- Chapter Ambassadors Meet our volunteer advocates for the 17th and 18th Congressional districts.