Join us for one of our upcoming events to support the Alzheimer's Association Louisiana Chapter
The Longest Day is an awareness and fundraising campaign for the Alzheimer's Association, and our main day of activity during Alzheimer's & Brain Awareness Month each June. On the longest day of the year, the Summer Solstice, we call on individuals around the globe to come together in solidarity from sunrise to sunset (roughly sixteen hours) to honor and remember friends and family affected by Alzheimer's disease. This year, The Longest Day is June 20, 2016.
Join in an event for The Longest Day:
- Houma - Join Kirk's Krewe at New Orleans Hamburger & Seafood in Houma on June 20 between 4 and 9 p.m. to honor those living with Alzheimer's and their caregivers. Local celebrity waiters and waitresses will be collecting tips for the Alzheimer's Association.
- Metairie - Join the Louisiana Bridge Association on June 20 at 2709 Edenborn Ave. in Metairie for bridge, food, and fun! Games will begin at 8 a.m. and the last game will begin at 8:20 p.m. Click here to view their flier and learn more.
- New Orleans - Join Alpha Kappa Alpha in celebrating The Longest Day with a Healthy Happy Hour at Rock 'n' Bowl - 3000 S. Carrolton Ave. - between 5 and 8 p.m. on June 20. RSVP for the event by clicking here.
- West Monroe - The Get Fit Pit team will be at Liberty Grove Church of God -504 Marion Sims Rd - June 20 raising awareness for The Longest Day and Alzheimer's with scrimmage basketball games and a few little workouts! These games are open to the whole family; drop by and show your support.
How can you put your passion to work on The Longest Day? The activities are limitless! Long-time volunteer and supporter Bonnie Hay combines her passion for professional bull riding with her desire to raise funds and awareness in the fight to end Alzheimer's. Bonnie's Personal Quest for Alzheimer's Awareness started in 2004, and includes promoting awareness of the disease through her "SAYiWONT" t-shirts and purple flanks on the rodeo circuit. Learn more about Bonnie and our other supporters by visiting out Volunteer page.
RivALZ is a flag football game in which the two participating teams are divided based on the age-old rivalry between blondes and brunettes. Whether you are interested in playing, coaching, cheering, or volunteering, there is a place for you!
RivALZ Blondes vs. Brunettes game locations:
Baton Rouge, LA - We are still tallying donations from this weekend's game! Thanks to everyone who came out on game day to support our players, coaches, and volunteers. Stay tuned for details for the 2017 game!
Visit our main Blondes vs. Brunettes page for complete game details and all events leading up to the big day!
Please join us for 1 of our 10 walks across the state to help us #EndAlz for the 84,000 people aged 65 and older in Louisiana with Alzheimer's disease and their 231,000 caregivers. To learn more, please visit our Louisiana Chapter Walk page by clicking here.
- Baton Rouge September 10
- Alexandria September 24
- Lake Charles October 8
- Mandeville October 8
- Ponchatoula October 8
- Bossies City October 22
- Houma October 22
- Lafayette October 29
- Monroe November 5
- New Orleans November 5
New Team Kickoff - Alexandria
Join us July 6 at Matthews Memorial Care Center - 5100 Jackson St., Alexandria - anytime between 11 a.m. and 6 p.m. to learn more about the Walk to End Alzheimer’s in Alexandria! Register for the Walk during the kickoff and earn a chance to win a Visa gift card. Enjoy refreshments and purple give-a-ways while you preview our team materials. For more information, call Debbie Hayes at 318.861.8680.
Thank you to our 2015 Walk to End Alzheimer's State Sponsors: Elder Outreach, Fishing for Memories, Heymann Foundation, S&D Spicy Kitchens/Popeyes, and Stirling Properties.
Join us Saturday, June 11, at Squirrel Run Golf Club in New Iberia for the Third Annual Cecil Hymel Memorial Golf Tournament hosted by the Hymel family. Register you 3-Person Scramble (limit of 60 teams) by June 6. Special events include a 1-iron contest and free practice round on Friday. Contact Caryn Hymel at email@example.com for more information or visit them on Facebook by clicking here.
Fishing For Memories
Don't miss this first-class fishing rodeo to benefit the Alzheimer's Association Louisiana Chapter! Join the Boffy family June 23-26 in Intracoastal City for a weekend of fishing, entertainment, and family fun. Visit www.fishingformemories.org for more information.
"Life is But a Dream"
AnnaLisa Secret will host their first fashion show "Life Is But A Dream" to support the Alzheimer's Association Louisiana Chapter on August 6 at Generations Hall. Prior to the show, meet with participating boutiques at their evening out on June 9 at the Algiers Auditorium. For questions regarding the show or evening out, please call Janicefer Nelson at 504.270.2249.
- The Evening Out will be held Thursday, June 9, from 7 to 10 p.m. at Algiers Auditorium. Tickets are available online by clicking here.
- The Fashion Show will be held Saturday, August 6, from 5 to 8 p.m. at Generations Hall. Tickets are available online by clicking here.