The Role of Team Captain
Register. Recruit. Fundraise. Motivate. Walk.
Team Captains help make the difference in the fight against Alzheimer’s. The Alzheimer's Association is thrilled to welcome you as a Team Captain and is committed to helping you every step of the way.
- Register online and take advantage of easy-to-use online fundraising tools. Find a walk near you. You can create your own team web site, send personal emails to fundraise online, track online and offline donations and share your story. Ask each of your team members to join your team online.
- Recruit at least nine friends, family members and business associates to participate as members of your Walk to End Alzheimer's team.
- Encourage team members to set and surpass their fundraising goals. Every Walk participant is encouraged to set a minimum $200 goal.
- Plan a team-building kickoff and invite attendees. Please contact us (800.272.3900 or email@example.com) to help you plan the kickoff and build your team. Offer food and watch interest soar!
- Share your enthusiasm and excitement with your team as you strive together to reach your fundraising goal. Be sure your team members are well prepared to reach their goal. Walk not only provides every team with a web page, but also provides each participant with his or her own Walk Participant Center, which includes a customizable personal web page, sample emails and letters, as well as helpful fundraising tips.
- Share Walk fundraising advice, team progress and walk day information with your team members.
- Have fun and build team spirit. Create a team T-shirt, banner or hat to help identify and encourage your team.
- Encourage team members to submit pledges collected offline to Walk. Note: Offline pledges will not show in your online total until received and recorded by data processing.
- Ask for help! The Alzheimer's Association is here to help you through your journey as a Walk Team Captain! firstname.lastname@example.org | 800.272.3900
Team Captain Resources
Participant Center Resources
Frequently Asked Questions
- About the Michigan Great Lakes Chapter
- 2013 Facts and Figures
- Michigan Statistics
- Vision and Mission
- email@example.com | 800.272.3900