Are you a caregiver? Get the emotional support you need.
Click here for a list of Alzheimer's Association caregiver support groups in Oregon.
Click here to learn more about our NEW telephone support group on the third Thursday of the month, from 2 to 3:30 p.m. This is a group for individuals who do not have a support group in their community and/or do not have respite or access to transportation.
Support groups create a safe, confidential, supportive environment or community and a chance for participants to develop informal mutual support and social relationships. They also educate and inform participants about dementia and help participants develop methods and skills to solve problems.
For more information, call 1-800-272-3900.
You are not alone. Whether you need information about early-stage, middle-stage or late-stage caregiving, the Alzheimer's Association is here to help.
Do you have a diagnosis of Alzheimer’s disease or related dementia? Are you in the early stages of the disease? Are you interested in talking to other people who are experiencing Alzheimer’s? If your answer to these questions is yes, please join one of our support groups for people with early-stage Alzheimer’s or related dementia. Care partners are welcome. Registration and screening are required for all early-stage support groups. Please call 1-800-272-3900 for more details and to register.
- The Portland support group meets on Tuesdays from 1:30 to 3:00 p.m. at the Alzheimer's Association office. This group is for people in the early stages of dementia, as well as their care partners.
Autumn sessions take place on October 25, November 1,8, 15, 22, and 29
- The Eugene support group meets the third Wednesday of each month. This group is for people in the early stages of dementia, as well as their care partners.
We're excited to add a second Eugene support group for people in the early stages of dementia and their care partners. The group will meet the 4th Wednesday of the month, 10 to 11:30 a.m., and the first meeting is on January 25.
- The Bend support group meets the second Wednesday of each month. This group is for people in the early stages of dementia, as well as their care partners. Registration and screening are required.
- The Medford support group meets every Monday for eight weeks. This group is for people in the early stages of dementia, as well as their care partners.
We've recently added a second Medford support group for people in the early stages of dementia and their care partners. The group will meet on Wednesdays from 1 to 2 p.m. for eight weeks, beginning January 25.
- The Ashland support group meets every Monday for eight weeks. This group is for people in the early stages of dementia, as well as their care partners.
Looking to facilitate a support group?
The Alzheimer’s Association Oregon Chapter is looking for facilitators and co-facilitators of regularly monthly or bimonthly caregiver support group meetings. If you have professional or personal knowledge about Alzheimer’s, or if you have been a caregiver for a loved one with Alzheimer’s, you may be qualified to help others by facilitating or co-facilitating a caregiver support group.
If you’re interested, please call 1-800-272-3900 for more information.
The Alzheimer’s Association message boards and chat rooms provide a virtual online community for persons with Alzheimer's, caregivers and care providers. Our message boards have thousands of registered members from around the United States and thousands more who refer to the stories and information that is available 24 hours a day.