June is Alzheimer's & Brain Awareness Month (ABAM).— a time to shine a purple light for the millions of individuals world-wide and all the family members and caregivers locally affected by Alzheimer's disease. We need your help to honor those struggling with this disease every day by mobilizing friends, families, neighbors, co-workers and customers to help bring an end to Alzheimer’s disease. The time is now to commit to going purple during Alzheimer's & Brain Awareness Month (ABAM). The end of Alzheimer’s starts now. The End of Alzheimer’s Starts with YOU.
- Go Casual for a Cause OR Purple with a Purpose at your office or school. In exchange for a small donation (usually $5 or less), encourage colleagues and friends to dress down and wear “Casual for a Cause” stickers.
- Create a team for The Longest Day, held on or near June 20. Honor a person affected by Alzheimer's by completing a full day of an activity.
- Turn Facebook purple by adding our frame to your profile picture. Just visit our Facebook page, find the frame and click Try It!
- Beginning the month of June, add the Alzheimer's Association's frame to your profile picture on Facebook.
- Turn your office, school or place of worship purple for the month of June.
- Show us your Purple throughout the month by posting pictures on our Facebook page or tag us on Instagram and Twitter: @alzstl Use #PurplePrideSTL to be entered to win a gas card and ALZ swag!
Share why you Go Purple! Tell us who you Go Purple for! #IGoPurpleFor
- Uncover the truths about Alzheimer's! There are many myths and assumptions about Alzheimer's. Learn the truths here!
- Share these numbers with someone who needs to know about the Alzheimer’s epidemic.
- Attend an education class or learn online.
Resources & Videos
Video - "Join us on The Longest Day."
Video - Call Me Maybe Video Parody
Video - Alzheimer's Disease Facts and Figures 2016