ALZHEIMER'S & BRAIN AWARENESS MONTH
June is Alzheimer's & Brain Awareness Month (ABAM).— a time to shine a purple light for the millions of individuals world-wide and all the family members and caregivers locally affected by Alzheimer's disease. We need your help to honor those struggling with this disease every day by mobilizing friends, families, neighbors, co-workers and customers to help bring an end to Alzheimer’s disease. The time is now to commit to going purple during Alzheimer's & Brain Awareness Month (ABAM). The end of Alzheimer’s starts now. The End of Alzheimer’s Starts with YOU.
- Go Casual for a Cause at your office or school. In exchange for a small donation (usually $5 or less), encourage colleagues and friends to dress down and wear “Casual for a Cause” stickers. Request stickers today by calling 800.272.3900.
- Create a team for The Longest Day, held on or near June 20. Honor a person affected by Alzheimer's by completing a full day of an activity.
- Turn Facebook purple by changing your profile picture to our END ALZ icon.*
- Beginning the month of June, add the Alzheimer's Association's banner to your profile picture on Facebook. (More details to come!)
- Turn your office, school or place of worship purple for the month of June.
- Post your Purple with a Purpose pictures on our Facebook page or tag us on Instagram and Twitter: @alzstl
*Here's how to change your profile picture in three easy steps.
1. Right click on the END ALZ icon and save to your computer.
2. Log into your Facebook account. Move your cursor over your current profile picture and select "Change Picture."
3. Use the browse function to locate and upload the END ALZ graphic.
Take the Purple Pledge! Worldwide, 47 million people are living with Alzheimer's and other dementias.
Help us turn the world purple. Commit to raising awareness in June for Alzheimer's & Brain Awareness Month.
● Wear purple throughout June and especially on Monday, June 20 – The Longest Day®.
● Ask friends and family to take the pledge and join the cause.
● Turn your Facebook profile purple.
● Sign up to be an advocate.
Take the pledge today!
Resources & Videos
Video - "Join us on The Longest Day."
Video - Call Me Maybe Video Parody
Video - Alzheimer's Disease Facts and Figures 2015