June is Alzheimer's & Brain Awareness Month (ABAM).— a time to shine a purple light for the millions of individuals world-wide and all the family members and caregivers locally affected by Alzheimer's disease. We need your help to honor those struggling with this disease every day by mobilizing friends, families, neighbors, co-workers and customers to help bring an end to Alzheimer’s disease. The time is now to commit to going purple during Alzheimer's & Brain Awareness Month (ABAM). The end of Alzheimer’s starts now. The End of Alzheimer’s Starts with YOU.
There are two main ways you can support the cause throughout the month of June.
- Go Purple: Go Purple allows faith communities, organizations, companies, and social groups to support the Alzheimer’s Association by going purple to raise awareness of the disease and those impacted. Participants will receive a packet complete with END ALZ stickers, Alzheimer's awareness ribbons, disease information, activity suggestions, step-by-step instructions for planning and implementing your activity, a modifiable poster, email blasts, social media messages and talking points. Register early so you can plan your activity!
- Go Purple with a Purpose: Many organizations and groups choose to supplement their Go Purple awareness efforts in June, with a variety of fundraising activities to benefit the Alzheimer’s Association. Thousands of people worldwide Go Purple with Purpose in June by participating in The Longest Day, an event that honors those affected by Alzheimer’s on June 21, the longest day of the year. Walk teams can also Go Purple with a Purpose in June to jumpstart their fundraising efforts. Event participants, get a donation page, online resources and a variety of support materials to help them plan their activities and Go Purple with a Purpose in June. Register early so you can plan your activity!
If you or your organization are interested in participating in either of these initiatives, fill out a form below.
Share why you Go Purple! Tell us who you Go Purple for! #IGoPurpleFor
- Uncover the truths about Alzheimer's! There are many myths and assumptions about Alzheimer's. Learn the truths here!
- Share these numbers with someone who needs to know about the Alzheimer’s epidemic.
- Attend an education class or learn online.
Resources & Videos
Video - The Longest Day
Video - Alzheimer's Disease Facts and Figures 2017