Alzheimer’s does not take a break and neither can we.
Every day, we will continue to provide care and support to the 5.4 million
Americans who have Alzheimer’s. Every day, we will remain steadfast in
our quest to find treatments, prevention methods and a cure. Every day,
we will honor, remember, care and fight.
What will you do every day?
Will you encourage coworkers to wear purple?
Will you host events?
Will you attend an education program?
Will you share your story?
Will you ask for donations?
You can make a difference every day.
President Ronald Reagan designated November as National Alzheimer’s
Disease Awareness Month in 1983. At the time, fewer than 2 million
Americans had Alzheimer’s; today, the number of people with the disease
has soared to 5.4 million. This November, and throughout the year, there
are many ways to take action and make a difference:
Walk Team Captain Challenge >>
Making a Difference Raffle >>
Ideas and resources to help you make a difference >>
Other ways to take action >>
Any Walk Team captain who meets or exceeds their team fundraising goal* by Dec. 15 will be entered into a drawing for free Apple iPad.
|Washington, Mo., Walk – Sept. 8||St. Louis Walk – Sept. 22|
|Cape Girardeau, Mo., Walk – Sept. 15||Edwardsville, Ill. – Sept. 29|
|Festus, Mo., Walk – Sept. 15|
*Goal as it was set on Oct. 9, 2012.
Pictures from each Walk can be found on our Facebook page.
four-night stay for two at the five star, all-inclusive El Dorado Royale Resort in
Riviera Maya, Mexico.
Maximum of 350 tickets to be sold.
Raffle closes: November 30, 2012
*Airfare from St. Louis.
|Go Casual for a Cause at your office or school. In exchange for a small donation (usually $5 or less), encourage colleagues and friends to dress down and wear “The End of Alzheimer’s Starts with Me” stickers.|
Order your free stickers today >>
Causal for a Cause Customizable Poster >>
|Ask your gym, drug store, school, church, bank or gas station to sell Forget-Me-Not flowers. Offer the flowers for a suggested $1 donation at the point of purchase and then display all of the flowers sold to create a community-driven visual display.|
Order your free Forget-Me-Not Flowers today >>
Grocery Store Collections
|Select a grocery store in your community to schedule a collection day(s). Contact the store manager to schedule a few hours to stand outside of the grocery store during a busy shopping time. Rally your friends and family to join you in collecting donations and raising awareness in your community. Use family photos of your loved one to tell your story of why you walk, why you honor and why you're committed to this fight.|
|Ask your local coffee shop to donate coffee and offer your coworkers a cup of coffee in exchange for a small donation to the Alzheimer's Association.|
Get Grounded Customizable Poster >>
Additional fundraising ideas >>
• Become an advocate. Join us and speak up for the needs and rights of people with Alzheimer’s disease and their families.
• Volunteer for a clinical trial. Recruiting and retaining trial participants is the greatest obstacle, other than funding, to developing the next generation of Alzheimer's treatments. Trials are recruiting people with Alzheimer's, as well as healthy volunteers to be controls.
• Make a donation. Make a tax-deductible donation to the Alzheimer's Association and support vital research and essential support programs and services.
• Volunteer with our Chapter. Whether you can spare only a couple hours a month or make a more significant time commitment, we hope you will consider joining this very special community. Contact Debbie Eldridge, at Debbie.Eldridge@alz.org, to see how you can start volunteering today.
• Schedule a care consultation for you and your family.