- Regional Outreach Coordinator - 3 positions available: The Woodlands, Katy, and West Houston.
Regional Outreach Coordinator
Reports To: Outreach Director
Date Last Reviewed: November 2015
To build concern and awareness about Alzheimer's disease and the Alzheimer's Association. Connect clients with the program & services offered by the Association through our Common Program Plan, engage the community in raising the revenue to fuel our work, and increase government support on the national and state level for increased research, services and support for people with dementia.
Essential Job Functions:
• Identify, recruit, train, and manage high impact volunteers who will assist the organization in increasing concern, awareness and support for PWD and their families. Includes speaker’s bureau volunteers, support group leaders, advocates and ambassadors, interns and general volunteers.
• Develops strategies to market and promote Chapter services, programs, and fundraising events.
• Serve as community liaison by participating in community events, serving as local spokesperson, and building collaborative efforts with other organizations to achieve strategic goals, including but not limited to early stage engagement and physician/health care practitioner outreach.
• Serve as local point of contact for information, referral and support for people with dementia, their caregivers and healthcare providers.
• Input data in national Personify database including entry of program offerings, attendance/demographic information and evaluation data and contact center follow up reports and entry.
• Recruit members for The Longest Day (TLD) volunteer taskforce.
• Recruit and engage TLD team captains.
• Recruit and support Walk to End Alzheimer’s volunteer committee for at minimum one community Walk to End Alzheimer's.
• Recruit and engage Reason to Hope table captains.
• Follow timeline and best practices as outlined by the Chapter's Outreach Director as well as national timeline and best practices to assure participant and revenue goals.
• Work with a portfolio of corporate prospects to move them through the solicitation cycle (identification, cultivation, solicitation, stewardship, renewal).
• Direct the stewardship process making sure corporate sponsors and supporters receive the benefits associated with their level of support and are properly acknowledged.
• Work with committee members to secure multiple event sponsorships.
• Support advocacy efforts of the Chapter in conjunction with Chapter Public Policy team
• Other duties as assigned
Minimum Education Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree required. Three to five years experience in community outreach, volunteer engagement, sales and/or fundraising preferred.
Knowledge and Skills: This position requires attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and strong volunteer engagement skills.
• Experience executing projects to reach and exceed ambitious goals
• Ability to take initiative, set priorities, work independently, and manage multiple tasks
• Interest and ease with working with corporations and constituents
• High level of integrity, diplomacy and initiative
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to provide excellent customer service by picking up incoming calls and responding to emails in a timely fashion. All staff is responsible for quickly answering calls and emails as needed.
• Ability to function in a team-oriented environment as both a member of a team and a team leader
• Professional attitude and appearance
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Sense of humor and flexibility
• Personal Computer
• LCD projector/Laptop computer
• Telephone and conference call equipment
• Fax Machine
• Audiovisual Equipment
Physical and Mental Requirements:
• Good vision and hearing (corrected)
• High volume of public contact both individual and group
• An absolute commitment to confidentiality
• Ability to travel throughout Chapter territory and fly to regional and national meetings
• Ability to work under pressure
• Must be able to lift or move 25 pounds
• Ability to type on a keyboard
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including some nights and weekends
• Must have reliable transportation
• Must have valid Texas Driver’s License
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the jobholder. He/she will be required to follow any other instructions or perform any other duties as requested by his/her supervisor or manager. This is not meant to be an exhaustive list of job duties. Essential elements may change when necessary.
SUBMIT RESUMES TO: To apply, please send your resume, cover letter and salary history to Jessica Abad-Serpas at email@example.com with the position title as the subject line.