The Basics: Memory Loss, Dementia and Alzheimer's DiseaseAlzheimer’s disease is not a normal part of aging. It is a progressive and fatal brain disease that is the most common form of dementia. The Basics: Memory Loss, Dementia and Alzheimer’s Disease offers information including:
- Symptoms and effects of Alzheimer’s disease and other types of dementia
- How Alzheimer’s affects the brain
- Causes and risk factors
- How to find out if it’s Alzheimer’s disease
- The benefits of early detection
- How to address a diagnosis of Alzheimer’s disease
- Stages of the disease, treatment and hope for the future
- Ways the Alzheimer’s Association can help
Thursday, Dec. 4, 11 a.m.
Egg and I in Bearden: 5018 Kingston Pike in Knoxville
Thursday, Dec. 11, 6-8 p.m.
Bearden Branch Library, 100 Golf Club Road in Knoxville
Light refreshments will be served.
These programs are free and open to the public. To RSVP, contact Sunny Biden at firstname.lastname@example.org or 865.200.6668.
Alzheimer's SymposiumFriday, Nov. 21, 8 a.m.-1 p.m.
Regency Retirement Village: 739 East Second North Street in Morristown
The Alzheimer's Association Eastern Tennessee Chapter will be presenting an education program at the symposium. Stay tuned for more details!