The Basics: Memory Loss, Dementia and Alzheimer's DiseaseAlzheimer’s disease is not a normal part of aging. It is a progressive and fatal brain disease that is the most common form of dementia. The Basics: Memory Loss, Dementia and Alzheimer’s Disease offers information including:
- Symptoms and effects of Alzheimer’s disease and other types of dementia
- How Alzheimer’s affects the brain
- Causes and risk factors
- How to find out if it’s Alzheimer’s disease
- The benefits of early detection
- How to address a diagnosis of Alzheimer’s disease
- Stages of the disease, treatment and hope for the future
- Ways the Alzheimer’s Association can help
Thursday, Dec. 4, 11 a.m.
Egg and I in Bearden: 5018 Kingston Pike in Knoxville
Thursday, Dec. 11, 6-8 p.m.
Bearden Branch Library, 100 Golf Club Road in Knoxville
Light refreshments will be served.
These programs are free and open to the public. To RSVP, contact Sunny Biden at email@example.com or 865.200.6668.
Aging: A Family Affair 2014Thursday, Nov. 12, 8:30 a.m.-3:45 p.m.
Rothchild Conference Center: 8807 Kingston Pike in Knoxville
A special event of the Knoville-Knox County CAC Office of Aging, Aging: A Family Affair will present practical information related to aging. Be sure to stop by the Alzheimer's Association Eastern Tennessee Chapter booth to learn about our services and ways to get involved! Visit here for more information about the event.
Alzheimer's SymposiumFriday, Nov. 21, 8 a.m.-1 p.m.
Regency Retirement Village: 739 East Second North Street in Morristown
The Alzheimer's Association Eastern Tennessee Chapter will be presenting an education program at the symposium. Stay tuned for more details!