For families caring for a loved one with dementia, finding the right help can be overwhelming. As our region's dementia care specialists, we have created a care consultation program that delivers specialized assessment, support, and care consultation either in your home or at our office in Williamsville, NY.
A visit from an care consultant in your home will help you...
- Understand dementia as it is affecting your loved one now and prepare you for the changes you may see in the future.
- Learn the best way to respond when faced with challenges such as refusal of medication, agitation, or any other behaviors.
- Manage day-to-day needs such as bathing and dressing.
- Work through difficult transitions such as taking away driving privileges.
- Make small changes to the home environment that can have a big impact on quality of life.
- Make plans for the future.
If you rather come to our office for a care consultation, many of the same topics will be covered. However, the assessment of your home environment will not be conducted.
Our care consultants will provide you with:
- An overview on the disease, warning signs, and symptoms.
- A home environment assessment (in-home care consultation only).
- Family care planning.
- Information about local resources, our 24-hour Helpline and other services that the Alzheimer’s Association, WNY Chapter provides.
Setting up a care consultation in your home or at our office is simple. Call us at 1.800.272.3900. Our care consultant will talk with you about your individual situation and make a plan to address your particular needs and concerns.
Is there a charge? There is a modest fee for an in-home consultation. The rate for a 90 minute care consultation provided by a trained care consultant is $150.
We also have limited availability acoss the eight counties we serve (Allegancy, Cattaraugus, Chautauqua, Erie, Genesee, Niagara, Orleans and Wyoming) and offer free consultations at various locations, by appointment ONLY - please call 1.800.272.3900 to learn more. And of course, free confidential care consultations are available every hour of every day by phone at 1.800.272.3900.