Essential Job Functions
- Build understanding for the Alzheimer's Association, its research, programs, public policy and services in all communications with current and potential and current volunteers and donors.
- Plan and execute fundraising events including but not limited to Walk to End Alzheimer's and The Longest Day, with duties to include the recruitment and management of volunteer committees; cultivation and solicitation of sponsors; oversight of promotion and marketing activities; and all event logistics.
- Responsible for achieving revenue targets and expense budgets for all events, including Walk to End Alzheimer's with direct accountability for goals set forth in the annual budget.
- Manage a team of staff toward achieving outcomes and special event goals. Work with team to develop and carryout performance objectives that ensure goal achievement. Ensure appropriate training takes place.
- Recruit and train high impact volunteers who will assist the organization in increasing concern and awareness as well as growing revenue.
- Prepare reports and provide information as requested and required; oversee project budgets and maintain financial records for events.
- Actively participate on the chapter's leadership team to ensure effective integration of strategic directions into development work plan.
- Work with the Executive Director and other staff to manage the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship process for event and non-event donors and prospects.
- With the Executive Director, and others, provide leadership in developing the chapter's fundraising program to ensure a diverse revenue stream using all appropriate fund raising vehicles including annual campaigns, memorials, corporate sponsorships, major and planned gifts, as well as special events.
- Ensure that donor directions are met and that all fundraising activities meet the highest ethical standards.
- Represent the Association at public events, conferences, workshops and media events.
- Assist with the maintenance of accurate donor database information.
- Assure compliance with all Association policies, procedures, standards and applicable regulatory requirements; promote Association-wide programs and initiatives.
- Review and monitor revenue accounting and reporting systems in a timely manner.
- Promote employee education sessions in local corporations in the community to generate awareness for our cause; to reach out to others; to give back to the corporate sector; and to open new doors for sponsorship opportunities.
- Other duties as required
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university; masters' degree a plus; CFRE preferred
- 7+ years work-related experience preferred in marketing, fundraising, sales, non-profit management or related field
- Experience with mass market events like Walk preferred
- Proven success in making and closing fundraising requests of individuals and groups to meet fund development goals
- 5+ years managing staff experience
- Prior experience in strategic planning and budget development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Ability to develop and mentor junior staff
- 5+ years demonstrated ability to recruit, motivate and coach volunteers in a fundraising environment preferred
- Demonstrated ability to form and develop corporate relationships and partnerships
- Demonstrated success in the development and promotion of fundraising events or similar programs
- Ability to sell the Association's programs and events to a variety of audiences, including corporate management, individual participants and volunteers
- Attention to detail and solid project management skills
- Ability to work and collaborate with a variety of personalities in a positive manner
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and occasional weekends
- Willingness and ability to represent Chapter at meetings and special events
- Ability to travel extensively in Chapter territory, as well as occasional overnight travel
- Valid driver's license, proof of vehicle insurance and access to reliable, personal vehicle to meet travel requirements
- Demonstrated success in the development and implementation of large events preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND DESIRED EXPERIENCE
- Ability to manage large numbers of volunteers at different levels of expertise with diplomacy
- Ability to work with diverse communities and demonstrate inclusion
- Excellent organizational skills; professional customer service skills with visitors, callers and volunteers
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work
PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS REQUIRED
- Outgoing, positive, engaging and enthusiastic
- Excellent attention to detail
- Team player
- Self-starter, able to work independently and problem-solve
- Strong ability to self-manage with significant strength in time management
- Ability to work on a team and develop relationships in the community
- Detail-oriented, efficient, and able to multi-task
- Strong listening skills; friendly, helpful manner with constituents
EQUIPMENT / SOFTWARE:
- Personal computer
- Multi-line telephone, Conference phone, Photocopier, Fax machine
- Microsoft Office Suite of products
- Google Suite: Mail, Calendar, Docs and Hangout
- Raiser's Edge and/or other databases
- Previous experience with Convio preferred
This job description in no way states nor implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the jobholder. This is not meant to be an exhaustive list of job duties and essential elements may change when necessary.
The Alzheimer's Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not lawfully discriminate on the basis of religion, sex, age, national origin, race, color, marital status or disability. This commitment to equal opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, training, compensations and benefits. Employees are responsible for abiding by the Agency's commitment to equal opportunity in their personal conduct and also are responsible for addressing any conduct by Agency personnel which deviates from this commitment.