Position requirements include but are not limited to site selection and managing logistics for meetings, including the association's international conference. Responsibilities include researching and recommending meeting venues, negotiating hotel contracts, creating space reports based on contractual terms, preparing detailed meeting specifications, managing food and beverage requirements, room blocks, housing, and travel logistics. Additional responsibilities include budgetary management, working with outside vendors for audio visual, catering, and other equipment rentals. The position will have a role in the annual meeting specifications, internet and telephone requirements, ancillary meeting assistance, planning of the Alzheimer's Disease International (ADI) conference and other projects as assigned for the association's international conference.
This position reports to the Senior Associate Director of Conference Services and is based in Chicago, IL. Some travel is required.
Essential Job Functions
- Research and recommend cities and venues for assigned meetings with 10-100 + attendees.
- Manage and coordinate all logistics arrangements for assigned chapter meetings of 10-100 + attendees.
- Manage and negotiate contracts ensuring appropriate room blocks and industry language is reflected
- Prepare detailed meeting specifications to hotels to include room set-ups, food and beverage requirements, program schedules and audiovisual requests.
- Manage meeting specifications in Eventpro
- Manage housing reservations for staff and attendees while closely monitoring room pick-ups.
- Manage meeting history project through Smartsheet
- Assist with Advocacy Forum & National Dinner (1000+ attendees)
- Manage Alzheimer's Disease International Conference in conjunction with annual meeting
- Annual Meeting responsibilities; meeting specifications, Internet & telephone requirements, ancillary meeting assistance and other projects as assigned for the association's international conference.
- Conduct site visits when needed and prepare reports for onsite recommendations
- Reconcile all meeting related invoices for accuracy and process for payment within 30 days of close of program
- Prepare and monitor cost estimates, budgets, work plans and status reports.
- Ability to be detail oriented, work independently and in a team environment
- Manage and prioritize multiple projects with multiple deadlines
- Other duties as assigned by Sr. Director and Sr. Associate Director.
Or mail resume and cover letter to:
Send resume to:
Alzheimer's Association, Home Office
225 N. Michigan Ave, Suite 1700
Chicago, IL 60601
We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer
and we appreciate your interest in the Alzheimer's Association.