Essential Job Functions
- Plan and execute the Walk to End Alzheimer's in Waterloo and Decorah to include team captain and participant recruitment and retention; sponsor cultivation and solicitation; promotion and marketing activities; volunteer recruitment and management; and all event logistics and evaluation.
- Work collaboratively with the dedicated special event staff to plan and implement a centralized Walk to End Alzheimer's plan.
- Serve as Chapter co-lead for The Longest Day including volunteer, team, and participant recruitment, and provide communication and resources to team captains throughout campaign.
- Maintain an annual calendar of events, timelines and milestones; create work plans for each event.
- Evaluate event success against projected goals and accomplishments, analyze results and make recommendations for course corrections throughout the year.
- Generate new ideas and implement fundraising activities in the Northern territory of the Chapter to increase chapter revenue.
- Demonstrate ability to ask for donations, sponsorships and team participation.
- Provide ongoing stewardship to donors and event participants.
- Market core services and programs of the Alzheimer's Association (Helpline, website, care consultation, educational programs, support groups, etc.)
- Identify, recruit, train, and manage high impact volunteers who will assist the organization in increasing concern and awareness as well as growing revenue.
- Build relationships with community leaders, business owners and other service agencies for partnerships, volunteer recruitment, sponsor recruitment and other fundraising opportunities.
- Network and develop collaborative initiatives in education, public awareness and family assistance with businesses and other agencies.
- Represent the Alzheimer's Association East Central Iowa Chapter at public events, health fairs, conferences, workshops, and media events in the Cedar Valley and Northeast Iowa as designated.
- Research and provide input to grants and other community funding opportunities.
- Serve as Chapter contact and advisor to student organizations in the Chapter's northern territory including the University of Northern Iowa's Advocates for Alzheimer's (A4A).
- Serve as point of contact for third-party inquiry and events throughout the northern counties of the chapter territory.
- Responsible for the recruitment and management of community outreach interns in the regional office.
- Assist with regional office operations, including walk-ins and phone calls.
- Donor data entry and event website oversight in designated systems.
- Assist Office Administrator on regional office needs such as submitting invoices for payment, completing bank deposits, ordering office supplies, maintaining equipment, etc.
- Assures compliance with all Association policies, procedures, standards, and applicable regulatory requirements.
- Participates and contributes to team meetings and strategy sessions.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- by mail:
Send resume to:
Alzheimer's Association, East Central Iowa
317 Seventh Avenue, SE
Cedar Rapids, IA 52401
We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer
and we appreciate your interest in the Alzheimer's Association.