Essential Job Functions
- Actively participate in the chapter's Programs and Services Team to ensure effective execution and completion of strategic goals, objectives and program work plans.
- Plan, execute, document and evaluate all core services in the chapter's coverage area. Exercises discretion to execute programs and services department strategic goals.
- Successfully demonstrate and independently carries out the delivery of the chapter's core services as determined by the Portfolio of Common Programs and chapter work plans. Core services include, but are not limited to, helpline, care consultation, support groups, caregiver education, professional training, and outreach.
- Work intensively with the development department to create and support a cultivation plan for constituents and companies, providing education and awareness around Alzheimer's disease and Alzheimer's Association services.
- Represent and assist the Association at public events, conferences, workshops and media and advocacy events.
- Develop and maintain relationships with related health care and social service providers.
- Assist in the recruitment and supervision of interns, volunteers and advocates as appropriate. Acts independently in supervising the work of volunteers and interns assigned to achieve program goals. Reports any concerns and feedback to the volunteer and outreach coordinator.
- Document and report all progress via methods established by the Chief Program Officer.
- Develop and implement strategies to market Chapter services and programs.
- Informs Chief Program Officer and appropriate chapter staff of emerging issues about potential funders and programmatic opportunities.
- Keep informed of current disease information, current initiatives of the chapter and national offices via online technology, journals and other sources provided.
- Assure compliance with all Association policies, procedures, Standards and applicable regulatory and grant requirements; promote Association wide programs and initiatives
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required in human services, gerontology, social work or a related field; Master's degree preferred.
- One to three years of experience working with individuals and families.
- One to three years of leadership experience in program administration including needs assessment, program development, delivery, management and evaluation.
- Bilingual (English & Spanish) preferred.
- Must have a valid NYS driver's license, access to a vehicle, and availability to travel throughout coverage area.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, especially Word, Excel, and Power Point.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND DESIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to travel regularly throughout the Chapter area with some evening, weekend, and overnight travel required.
- Knowledge of applicable healthcare delivery systems and issues such as: Medicare, Medicaid, managed care, HMOs, long term care insurance, etc.
- Knowledge of best practices of managing volunteers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills; professional customer service skills with visitors, callers and volunteers.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS REQUIRED:
- Outgoing, positive, engaging and enthusiastic.
- Self-starter, able to work independently and problem solve.
- Strong ability to self-manage with significant strength in time management.
- Willingness to work some evenings and weekends.
- Ability to work on a team and develop relationships in the community.
- Detail-oriented, efficient, and able to multi-task.
- Strong listening skills; friendly, helpful manner with clients.
EQUIPMENT / SOFTWARE:
- Multi-line telephone, conference phone, photocopier
- Microsoft Office
- Google Apps for Business
- The Raiser's Edge and/or other fundraising/CRM databases preferred
- Local and regional travel
- Work may be stressful during periods of high volume or tight deadlines
- High volume of public contact
- Independent working conditions
This job profile in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the job holder. He/she will be required to follow any other instructions or perform any other duties as requested by his/her supervisor or manager. This is not meant to be an exhaustive list of job duties.