The Development Specialist implements and manages fundraising events for the Chapter by supporting community-based volunteer planning committees. Supporting the volunteer planning committees includes volunteer recruitment, training and management. This position is responsible for planning and organizing all major events and ensuring that revenue targets are met. This includes securing event sponsors, participant fundraising and team fundraising for Walk to End Alzheimer's.
This position can be based in Lincoln, NE and reports to the Director of Development.
Essential Job Functions
- Implements and manages Walk to End Alzheimer's.
- Implements and manages the committee model structure for each event, ensuring that key positions have strong volunteer leaders. Proactively seeks out and recruits new and qualified volunteers.
- Ensures that events meet revenue and participant targets by proactively securing event sponsorships, team fundraising, and participant fundraising.
- Tracks event metrics and plans strategies to fill revenue gaps.
- Identifies, recruits, trains and manages high impact volunteers for fundraising events who will lead the organization in increasing concern and awareness as well as growing revenue.
- Leads coordination of event logistics, publicity, communications, and evaluation through volunteer planning committees.
- Meets with sponsors, potential sponsors, company representatives, and makes presentations on sponsorship, team participation, and volunteer opportunities.
- Coordinates volunteer recruitment, event chairperson selection, committee chair selection, committee formation.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate financial records for each event, establishing budgets, work plans and timelines and preparing timely special events reports for management.
- Provides ongoing support to overall operations of the service area to include: customer service to constituents, database mining and management, donor/sponsor/advocate relations and communications; management of vendor relations.
- Collaborates with Regional Director of Communications to create written materials for fundraising events and volunteer recruitment i.e. plans, appeal letters, proposals, acknowledgements.
- Assists management in annually preparing a strategic development plan to include the various fundraising events and methods of generating revenue, team fundraising and volunteer participation.
- Implements and adheres to a calendar of events, project timelines and milestones. Creates work plans for each event.
- Quickly responds and resolves all inquiries, issues, or problems.
- Provides input and assists the Walk Director & Regional Development
- Director in determining the budget for fundraising events.
- Makes public presentations regarding the Chapter and fundraising events.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree and/or 3+ years' equivalent experience in fundraising, special event coordination, or volunteer management
- Experience in volunteer management including recruitment, retention, and training required
- Experience in major event fundraising management preferred
- Experience in public speaking or public relations preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to communicate in person, by phone and electronically with internal and external constituents
- Ability to analyze data and present information verbally and in writing
- Ability to prioritize, multitask, and manage workload effectively to meeting deadlines
- Superior time management and organizational skills to develop and coordinate special events, public relations, and assist with educational special events
- Must be a self-starter with excellent attention to detail and follow-through
- Possess the ability to inspire and engage communities and volunteers comprised of all demographics
- Excellent computer skills to include Microsoft Office Suite and InDesign preferred
- Availability and willingness to travel within the Chapter's territory to support Walk events
- Possess valid driver's license, access to reliable vehicle, and proof of insurance
- Ability to operate standard office equipment
- Ability to stand or sit for long periods of time
- Ability to bend, stoop, and lift up to 50lbs
Please Click Here To Apply