The Finance Manager is a dynamic, collaborative, and driven person who will support the financial aspects of assigned chapters. The Finance Manager will provide accurate and timely reporting of financial information; including preparing general ledger transactions and account reconciliations, monthly reconciliations of donor databases to accounting system, chapter releases from restriction of temporarily restricted net assets; prepare the annual budgets.
Essential Job Functions
● Provide Chapter Executives financial support, including standard monthly financial reports with analysis.
● Provide reports for program and development staff. Address questions from non-financial chapter staff on financial statements.
● Prepare timely and accurate monthly balance sheet account reconciliations for assigned chapters.
● Ensure that chapters are depositing cash and processing gifts in an accurate and timely manner, in accordance with internal control best practices.
● Input batch cash receipts into accounting system.
● Process accounts receivable and maintain accounts receivable files.
● Prepare monthly reconciliation of donor database donations to those in accounting system.
● Prepare monthly revenue sharing reports.
● Create and enter journal entries
● Ensure accurate coding of accounts payable and entry of payables into the accounting system
● Prepare schedule detailing use of restricted funds.
● Assist in preparation of the annual budget for assigned chapters.
● Utilize reports in Concur to ensure accurate expense coding.
● Prepare required schedules for and assist with the annual external audit.
● Attend events to coordinate and monitor funds from Day of Event
● Provide accounting services to affiliated entity.
Duties include but not limited to accounts receivable, accounts payable, month end reconciliations, payroll processing, prepare monthly financial statements and assist with annual external audit
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting preferred or equivalent work experience in Non-Profit Public Accounting or business management.
- Two or more years of relevant professional experience
- Solid knowledge and application of GAAP
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and other databases, especially MS Excel. Familiarity with Sage 500 and QuickBooks preferred.
- Analytical and detail-oriented personality combined with professional presence.
- Well honed communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to handle stressful situations and meet deadlines.
Click HERE to apply
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the jobholder. He/she will be required to follow any other duties as requested by his/her supervisor or manager. This is not meant to be an exhaustive list of job duties. Essential job functions may change when necessary.