Education Events & Calendar
The Alzheimer's Association Delaware Valley Chapter's Learning Academy offers FREE consumer education programs, which are offered throughout the 18 counties in its service area.
Click on the Calendar for the current listing of education programs and events. If you find one you wish to attend, note the '156 code' and the Zip Code, then follow this link to the Community Resource Finder to sign up online and register. If you're looking to see what is offered locally or in a particular area, use the link above and use the search by Zip Code feature - you can adjust the 'range' as required.
Courses are also offered online through the Association's Training and Education Center - click here for details and Registration.
The courses and programs feature the following subjects and a full description of each can be found on our Program Curriculum page
- Know the 10 Signs
- Memory Loss, Dementia and Alzheimer’s: The Basics
- Conversations About Dementia
- Living with Alzheimer’s: Persons with Dementia and their Caregivers
- Living with Alzheimer's: For Caregivers – Early-StageLiving with Alzheimer's: For Caregivers – Middle-Stage
- Living with Alzheimer's: For Caregivers – Late-Stage
- Legal, Financial and Ethical Care Planning
- Understanding Behaviors and Communication and other Specialty Programs
You can also find a program near you, by clicking on the The Education 'tile' anywhere it displays on the website and enter your Zip Code to find all programs that are scheduled near you, then sign up online.
All Educational Programs are FREE
Registration is REQUIRED
7 days in advance of program date.
*Some workshops are conducted in languages other than English and are indicated by an asterisk on the Calendar.
To RSVP or find out about programs delivered in other languages, call our 24/7 Helpline at 800.272.3900
For information about hosting an educational program at your organization, or to request a speaker, please call or email Sharon Jarnette
Community Outreach Assistant, at 800.272.3900