Participate in an Upcoming Fundraising Gala
An Evening in White
Saturday, April 13, 2019 starting at 6 p.m. at The Vault in Tampa.
The Alzheimer's Association An Evening in White gala raises funds and awareness for Alzheimer's care and support and research.
- Contribute an item or a trip to our live auction.
- Become a sponsor. We have many sponsor levels to choose from that include tickets to the event and recognition for your company.
- Attend the event. As a patron you'll also be treated to valet parking, scrumptious food and live music. The evening will include a live auction.
- Call Lisa Kiddon at 352.277.9495 or email her at email@example.com for more information or to get involved in this amazing event.
- Register or learn more.
611 North Franklin St.,
Tampa, FL 33602
La Lucha, a Tampa Bay based trio, will be performing.
White cocktail or semi-formal attire suggested.
Sponsor a Walk to End Alzheimer's
The Alzheimer's Association Walk to End Alzheimer's® is the nation's largest event to raise awareness and funds for Alzheimer care, support and research. Held annually in hundreds of communities across the country, this inspiring event calls on volunteers of all ages to become champions in the fight against Alzheimer's. Call for a Sponsorship Brochure at 727.578.2558.
Sponsor a Caregiver's Day Out
Throughout the year the Florida Gulf Coast Chapter coordinates day trips for caregivers to provide them a break from their care giving responsibilities. Opportunities are available to help underwrite these activities or if you are a respite provider to provide free respite services so caregivers can attend. If you would like to learn more about how you can help contact your local Chapter office.
Sponsor A Program
Is there a program that your company particularly views as beneficial to the community or that you have a personal affinity for? If you are a corporation let us help find a program that reflects your corporate vision. Program sponsorships provides assurance that funding for that program are available. Program sponsorships can be anonymous or naming in nature. To learn more about ways to sponsor a Chapter Program call 727.578.2558.
Host A Round To Remember
Swing your clubs for the cause. Host An Alzheimer's Association A Round to Remember™ golf event to raise awareness and funds Alzheimer's. The Alzheimer's Association Round to Remember™ honors golf legend and LPGA founder Patty Berg, who had Alzheimer's. To learn more call 727.578.2558.
Host Your Own Event
Do you enjoy throwing parties for family, friends and coworkers? Do good and have fun by turning your next event into a fundraiser party that benefits the Alzheimer's Association mission. Many individuals, community groups and businesses hold events of their own to benefit the Alzheimer's Association. Some past examples of community held events have included Poker Runs, Golf Tournaments and Wine Tastings. Please understand that even though our limited fundraising staff cannot take charge of your event we will be able to help publicize your event and provide limited guidance. For more information or to let us know of the event you have planned, please call us at 727.578.2558. Learn More.
Make a tax-free gift to the Alzheimer's Association from your IRA
The Pension Protection Act of 2006 brings a new, limited-time charitable giving opportunity to those 70½ and older who want to make tax-free gifts from their traditional or Roth IRAs. An IRA Charitable Rollover provides donors have an unprecedented opportunity to help the Alzheimer's Association move its mission forward.
Here's how to make your IRA charitable distribution to the Alzheimer's Association:
- Individuals aged 70½ and older may transfer up to $100,000 per year directly from an IRA to the Alzheimer's Association.
- The charitable distribution counts toward your minimum required distribution (RMD) requirements.
- A couple with separate IRAs could each give up to $100,000 for a total of $200,000.
- Transfers cannot be used to establish a charitable gift annuity or a charitable remainder trust.
- It's not necessary for you to itemize deductions and the general 50 percent of adjusted gross income limitation does not apply.
- Transfers are not deductible as charitable gifts. However, there is no federal tax when the distribution is a direct charitable rollover.
- The transfer must be made directly from the IRA to the Alzheimer's Association. The specific transfer and reporting forms will be determined by each IRA custodian and the IRS.
- Speak with your professional tax advisor to see if an IRA charitable rollover gift meets your needs.
- Contact your IRA custodian to obtain and fill out the necessary forms to transfer your desired amount directly to the Alzheimer's Association.
- Contact the Alzheimer's Association toll free at 727.578.2558 and let us know of your incoming gift.
If you would like more information about this opportunity or to discuss making an IRA charitable rollover gift to the Alzheimer's Association, please call us at 727.578.2558.
Note: This page provides general financial information, not to take the place of professional financial or legal advice. As with any tax strategy, please consult your professional tax advisor.
Our programs and services are made possible through the generosity and commitment of people like you. Consider leaving a legacy of support by making a planned gift to the Alzheimer's Association that allows you to combine your charitable giving goals with your estate and financial planning goals.
The Alzheimer's Association offers you a variety of planned giving
arrangements, including charitable gift annuities, trusts and bequests. To learn more about options that could be available to you call or e-mail Chuck Albrecht at firstname.lastname@example.org
Planned Giving Guide
Our online Planned Giving Guide provides you information about:
- The many planned giving opportunities available, including charitable gift annuities, gifts through your will, gifts of life insurance and charitable trusts.
- How planned giving can help you maintain financial independence through significant income and tax-saving benefits.
- How to use our Gift Calculator to determine how a planned gift would fit into your financial strategy.
- How planning the management and distribution of your assets during your lifetime and beyond helps ensure our vision of a world without Alzheimer's.
To access the complete guide Go to Planned Giving Guide
The Founders Society
The Founders Society
is an honorary society created by the Alzheimer's Association as a way of bringing those who make a bequest or lifetime gift into our extended family. As a Founders Society member, you become eligible to receive the following:
- Special mailings about the Association and the disease, including updates and research advances in the fight against Alzheimer's disease.
- Notices of meetings and other Alzheimer's Association events
- When substantial estate planning and tax issues arise, we will provide you with information about those changes and how they affect you.
When you have made a Planned Gift to the Alzheimer's Association call 727-578-2558 to enroll you in the Founder's Society.
Here is sample bequest language you can take to your attorney:
"I give to the Alzheimer's Disease and Related Disorders Association, Inc. - Florida Gulf Coast Chapter, whose administrative office address as of ________ (insert today's date) is located at 14010 Roosevelt Blvd. #709, Clearwater, Fl 33762 _______ (insert either dollar amount or a percentage) in support of its full mission.
to the Alzheimer's Association is a way to help defeat this terrible disease while receiving potential tax benefits. It is easy, safe and cost effective to transfer securities electronically into the Alzheimer's Association's account. Here are the simple steps:
Please notify our development office in advance of stock transfers so that we can instruct our broker to accept delivery of your gift and acknowledge it properly for income tax purposes. Download Gift Stock Form. You may e-mail, fax or mail the completed Stock Gift Form to:
Attn: Chuck Albrecht
14010 Roosevelt Blvd, Suite 709
Clearwater, FL 33762
Inform your broker that you would like to make a stock gift to the Alzheimer's Association. Provide your broker with a completed Stock Gift Form. If you have any questions, please call Chuck Albrecht at 727-578-2558 or email@example.com
People in the workforce make tremendous contributions to causes that are meaningful to them. When you mobilize your workforce through our Workplace Champions Giving Program you are helping to improve the lives of millions of people living with Alzheimer’s and the millions more who care for them.
Here are some great ideas to get you started:
Form A Corporate Walk to End Alzheimer's Team
Mobilize or co-workers - or your entire company - to form a Corporate Walk to End Alzheimer's Team and make a huge impact on helping people living with Alzheimer's disease.
Host an Event at Work
Work events will increase awareness and/or raise funds for Chapter services. Get materials from your local Chapter office
and set-up an informational table in the breakroom, hold an ice cream social, bake sale or dress-down day with the proceeds going to benefit the Alzheimer's Association. Be sure to check with your Human Resources Department to get their approval and support of your idea.
Workplace Giving Campaigns
Choose the Alzheimer’s Association for any your internal giving program or following workplace giving programs, including:
The Alzheimer’s Association is a member of the Community Health Charities Federation, the largest workplace giving campaign devoted to health. If your employer participates in Community Health Charities campaigns, designate your contribution to the Alzheimer’s Association.
Federal employees can donate to the Alzheimer’s Association through the Combined Federal Campaign (CFC). Designate your contribution to the Alzheimer’s Association - Florida Gulf Coast Chapter, CFC ID # 88553.
Does your workplace participate in a United Way campaign? Then you can designate your pledge to the Alzheimer’s Association through United Way’s Donor Choice Program. Simply follow the instructions on your pledge card, or write-in our name and address. Contact your human resources department or local United Way agency for more detailed instructions about giving a gift to us through a United Way campaign.
The Florida State Employees' Charitable Campaign (FSECC) is a mechanism for all state employees to have a payroll deduction option to support qualifying charitable organizations in our communities. The campaign oversight is through the Department of Management Services.
Many companies have matching gift programs that will double or even triple charitable contributions made by their employees. Find out if your company will match gifts to the Alzheimer's Association. Search for my company now
You can also ask your human resources department for a matching gift form and mail it to the address below.
Alzheimer’s Association - Florida Gulf Coast Chapter
Attn: Gloria Smith
14010 Roosevelt Blvd. #709
Clearwater, Florida 33762
When you volunteer at a local Alzheimer’s Association, your company may make a financial contribution on behalf of the time you spend helping us. This is called a volunteer grants program, and you could earn $100 to $500 in grants for the Alzheimer’s Association. To get more details and get started, contact your human resources department.
Sometimes a donor may wish to make a significant impact with a gift of $10,000, $25,000, $50,000 or more. If you are interested in making a Major Gift, please call or e-mail Gloria Smith at 727-578-2558 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Zenith Society
The Alzheimer’s Association Zenith Society
represents our highest and most involved level of philanthropy and has set the bar for leadership giving toward the advancement of Alzheimer care, support, advocacy and research. Members of the Zenith Society have pledges a contribution of $1M or more over their lifetime and are invited to participate at many levels levels of the Alzheimer's Association of particular interest to them. If you are interested in becoming a member of the Zenith Society, please call or e-mail Gloria Smith at 727-578-2558 or email at email@example.com