Wellness Retreats are held at four locations annually around the Hudson Valley. Designed to provide a relaxing getaway for people with dementia and their caregivers, the retreats include respite care and fun activities for people with the disease well as separate relaxing activities for caregivers.
Locust Grove Historical Site
- Featuring caregiver massage, garden walks, mansion tours, laughter yoga, hula hooping and more
- Includes breakfast and lunch
- RSVP is required; call the Alzheimer's Association at 800.272.3900.
9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Tuesday, Sept. 17
Stony Point Conference Center
17 Cricketown Road, Stony Point
Joint and separate activities for people
with dementia and their family caregivers
- Garden activities
- And much more!
- With complimentary breakfast and lunch
- RSVP is required; call Jody Addeo at 845.570.9067 or 800.272.3900 with questions or to RSVP.
Frost Valley YMCA
2000 Frost Valley Road
- For Orange and Sullivan County residents.
- A relaxing day with separate and joint activities for caregivers and their care receivers.
- Activities include crafts, gentle exercise, music and more.
- Breakfast and lunch are included.
- Buses are available from Wurtsboro, Monticello and Liberty.
- RSVP is required; call Cornell Cooperative Extension at 845.292.6180 to RSVP or visit www.sullivancce.org/events or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Monday, Oct. 21
Abigail Kirsch at Tappan Hill Mansion
81 Highland Ave., Tarrytown
Featured activities include:
- Chair yoga
- Pet therapy with dogs
- Music and art activities
- Food demonstrations
- Light snacks and a buffet lunch are included.
Registration is required by Oct. 17; RSVP by calling the Alzheimer's Association at 800.272.3900.