Care Consultation is a service to assist the person with disease and their families/care partner in planning for and dealing with all aspects of the illness experience, from a new diagnosis to late stage.
Examples of services include:
- One-on-one education about the disease process, treatment and research opportunities
- Information and resources to assist with legal, financial and social security issues including Medicaid and Medicare
- Information about community services to meet the changing needs of care partners and persons with dementia
- Address safety issues
- Identify and clarify roles and responsibilities of caregiving
- Assist caregivers with development of positive caregiving strategies
These services are provided by a licensed clinical social worker. In-office appointments can be arranged in our Indianapolis, Fort Wayne, and Merrillville chapter offices. Care Consultations are also available across the state by appointment only.
Areas currently served with in-person appointments are:
Please contact our 24/7 Helpline, 800.272.3900, for more information on Care Consultation, to make a referral, or to request an in-person appointment.
Download our Care Consultation brochure