Are you interested in getting more involved in the fight against Alzheimer’s disease? The Alzheimer’s Association is always looking for passionate volunteers to help in a variety of ways:
- Join hundreds of thousands of voices as an Advocate
- Advance research by creating a Trial Match profile
- Educate the community by joining our Speaker’s Bureau
- Raise awareness by volunteering at Health Fairs
- oin the Walk to End Alzheimer’s Planning Committee
- Create a Team for The Longest Day
- Host a third-party fundraiser
For more information, please contact Krista Bohn at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800.272.3900.
Galveston/Bay Area Early-Stage Social Engagement Programs
Recently diagnosed with memory loss, dementia, or Alzheimer’s? The Alzheimer’s Association is partnering with Moody Gardens and Space Center Houston to offer two unique programs designed specifically for those experiencing early memory loss and a care partner.
These social engagement programs are a great opportunity for individuals with early-stage dementia to connect with others in a similar situation. A friend, family member, or care partner should attend as well and will have the opportunity to share a meaningful experience as well as connect with others.
To register, or for more information, please contact Krista Bohn – 800.272.3900 or email@example.com
Request an Education Program at your Workplace, Church, or Club!
Did you know that the Alzheimer’s Association provides free community education programs? You can request a speaker to present on a variety of topics:
- The Basics of Alzheimer’s Disease
- Know the 10 Warning Signs: Early Detection Matters
- Living with Alzheimer’s Disease (Early, Mid, and Late Stage)
- Legal & Financial Issues Related to Dementia
- Effective Communication Strategies
- Healthy Living for your Brain and Body
- Understanding and Responding to Dementia Related Behavior
To request a speaker, please contact Krista Bohn at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800.272.3900.
Meet Krista Bohn, MPH, Outreach Coordinator – Bay Area/Galveston
Krista Bohn, MPH has been with the Alzheimer's Association since 2013. She received her Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences at Furman University and her Master in Public Health from Tulane University. She lives in Galveston and enjoys running and being on the beach!
Contact information for Krista – email@example.com or 800.272.3900