The Desert Southwest Chapter has many different education programs in our communities. Our goal is to educate everyone about the warning signs of Alzheimer's, the importance of early detection, and the resources available to help them.
Our community based education programs are open to families, individuals facing Alzheimer's, caregivers, as well as community members. All of these programs are free of charge.
Click here to find an education near you.
- Understanding Alzheimer's Disease and Dementia
- The 10 Warning Signs of Alzheimer's Disease
- Effective Communication Strategies
- Understanding and Responding to Dementia-Related Behavior
- Healthy Living for your Brain and Body: Tips from the Latest Research
- Dementia Conversations
- Legal and Financial Planning for Alzheimer's Disease
- Living with Alzheimer's: For Caregivers
- Early Stage Alzheimer's disease
- Middle Stage Alzheimer's disease
- Late Stage Alzheimer's disease
- Living with Alzheimer's: For People with Alzheimer's
- Living with Alzheimer's: Younger-Onset
List of class descriptions (PDF)
Annual Education Conferences
The Alzheimer's Association Desert Southwest Chapter hosts our Annual Education Conferences every spring. These conferences have become a must attend event for individuals, families and professionals facing Alzheimer's disease and related dementias.
Click here to learn about upcoming conferences in your area.
If you are interested in a more skills based training please consider our CarePRO family caregiver training program. To learn more about CarePro please call 1.800.272.3900.
For professional caregivers we have online training and certification programs based on person-centered care for any person in any situation and at any level of dementia thinking decline. To learn more about our training programs please call 1.800.272.3900 or