Develop a confident, capable and person-centered care team
The essentiALZ certification exam is for any staff working in residential or community-based provider organizations who have completed a training program recognized by the Alzheimer’s Association for incorporating the evidenced-based Dementia Care Practice Recommendations
To complete this purchase, create a customer account on our secure site or sign in with an existing username and password.
Practical and comprehensive: 45 multiple choice exam questions are grounded in the principles of person-centered care and in accordance with industry standards for question structure, difficulty level and 6th-grade readability.
Learning is convenient:
Frequently asked questions about taking the essentiALZ exam.
Staff take their exam online at their convenience. The exam is not timed, and they can return as often as necessary before final submission.
Recognition for new knowledge:
With a passing exam of 90 percent or higher, individual staff members will receive a personalized essentiALZ certificate, with certification good for two years.
The following dementia care training programs have been recognized by the Alzheimer’s Association for reflecting the five topic areas of the Dementia Care Practice Recommendations. Providers that utilize a recognized training program to train their staff are also eligible to purchase the Alzheimer’s Association essentiALZ certification exam.
*Recognition from the Alzheimer’s Association is not an endorsement of the professional training or evaluation of the care provided by the facility.
Strengthen staff skills to handle the complex needs of dementia care
Person-centered care training can make a significant difference in the lives of people living with dementia and may lead to the following benefits:
- Demonstrates staff knowledge of quality care practices upon successful completion of the essentiALZ exam.
- Increases their job satisfaction, as they are prepared to handle the challenges dementia can bring.
- Provides professional development and possible career advancement.
- Positions an organization at the forefront of quality dementia-care.
- Provides a competitive edge by employing staff who are trained in dementia care.
- Delivers consistent training to multiple staff across the organization.
- Instills consumer confidence in an organization’s commitment to provide professional care worker training.
- Reduces staff burnout and turnover – skilled and empowered staff are more satisfied in their job.
- Provides opportunity to receive person-centered quality dementia care.
- Potential for personalized care to meet individual needs and preferences.
- Allows individuals living with dementia and their families to be part of care planning process.
- Helps to maximize independence.
For more information about curriculum review and essentiALZ certification, please complete our form.
If you have completed a recognized dementia care training program and are attempting to take your essentiALZ certification exam.
Want to make another purchase?